- It is apparently quite acceptable to wear running/workout gear whilst shopping at the supermarket. Indeed, for some it seems to be their normal daily attire - the latest Nike, Lululemon, what have you... However, it is apparently not acceptable to wear said workout gear after a workout or run whilst shopping at the supermarket. You will be met with mildly horrified stares. Sweat is, evidently, not socially embraced as an outfit accessory in the somewhat more snobbish areas of Auckland Central.
- I knew there was premise to calling it Ponsnobby... (I've called it that for years, even before I lived here).
- This pretentiousness was evident even back 100 years ago, as I discovered while perusing old Observer newspapers for a library and information study project recently. (This edition in particular). I guess some things never change.
- I cannot be trusted in the confectionery aisle. If there is new chocolate, I will buy it, regardless of the knowledge that it will be awful. Case in point, the new Whittaker's Hundreds and Thousands chocolate. I had asked my children if they wanted to try it and after some discussion, came to the conclusion that none of us would really like it because it would be too sickly-sweet. So what do I do? Buy it anyway. Who ended up having to eat it? Me. Why? Nobody else liked it (except for T, he did have some of it). Did I enjoy it? No. Did that stop me? Of course not. Nor did the knowledge that nobody else in the family likes peanuts combined with chocolate stop me from buying a whole block of Whittaker's Peanut Butter chocolate and then laboriously chomping my way through it. In about four days. And I haven't even started on the bittersweet peanut slab three-pack...
- I can quite easily pack away enough food to feed two people at every meal. Plus snacks. Marathon training. Thankfully, most of it is of the healthy variety. Let's not mention the chocolate again... Fruits and vegetables for the win!
- I may not be entirely pleased with how its arranged, or the exterior view, but this little body of mine is pretty powerful and is constantly surprising me with its ability to do anything and everything I set my mind to. Weekly mileage is still on the increase and I'm coping with it pretty damn well, if I do say so myself. This year to date has been free of major injury and I am deliriously happy about this. Bring on Waihi!! Just over two months to go...
- Dry shampoo actually works! Colour me surprised. Thanks for the tip, Runner Girl NZ ;)
- Apparently, Spring is on the way:
Have a fabulous week people. Y'all are awesome :)